1) Time! You must give Social Media Marketing time.
2) You cannot guarantee results. You can’t predict 100% whether others will like or dislike your material or how they will react.
3) Provide informative, desired content on a regular basis to keep your presence active on Social Marketing sites.
4) Create an active, followed blog.
5) Publicize your blog and feeds making it easily found and subscribed to.
6) Ability to have influential presence on a variety of Social Marketing sites.
7) Provide your content to other bloggers so they can write about it as well and add to your overall reach.
8) Take advantage of all your networks. Co-workers, friends, etc.
9) Know the Social Media sites communities. Each one has their own language, guidelines and unwritten rules that must be learned from interaction. Don’t break them!!!
10) You can never do enough research. Research, Research, Research!!!