Do you struggle to get any type of interaction on your Facebook posts? Are shares and comments on your posts a rare occurrence? ‘Likes’ are literally as easy as a click of a button, so why aren’t your fans doing it? Sometimes it just seems impossible to get your Facebook Fans to engage, but have you ever stopped and thought about why you aren’t getting any type of fan response? HubSpot recently published an Infographic called “How to Get More Likes, Comments and Shares” that will help you answer these questions and more! Here are some key takeaways:
• Out of any kind of post, whether it is text, a video or a link, photos get the most likes and shares. Posting photos are one of the easiest things you can do to increase fan interaction simply because people like looking at them!
• Length of posts is also a determining factor of post interactions. Posts that are very short, under 100 characters, or very long, over 500 characters, get more likes. In addition, long posts tend to get more shares. • The more self-referencing words a Facebook has, the more likes it will get. Instead of robotic, third person voiced posts, try using self-referencing words like “I” and “me.”
• Facebook posts with neutral tones tended to get fewer likes and comments whereas posts that were either very positive or very negative got much more interaction. In addition, negatively voiced posts got more comments than positive posts.
• When in the day do you publish your Facebook posts? Comments posted later in the day tended to get more likes and shares. Peaks for likes were around 8:00 p.m. (ET) while shares peaked at around 6:00 p.m. (ET).
• The days of the week you publish Facebook posts also have a lot to do with fan interaction. Did you know posts published on Thursdays receive the lowest percentage of likes? Weekend activity is crucial because Saturdays and Sundays were when likes peaked.
Writing and posting Facebook posts takes time and effort so there is no point in publishing content if your fans are not seeing it. The next time you’re getting ready to publish a Facebook post, keep this list in mind!