Another year of SMX Advanced has come and gone. This year two of E-Power Marketing’s team members attended the conference in Seattle and came back with a wealth of knowledge and ideas!
SMX Advanced is a two day conference specifically intended for experienced internet marketers. Industry experts from around the world share their advanced knowledge via Q&A sessions, presentations and networking opportunities. Various aspects of Search Engine Marketing are discussed, including Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Mobile Marketing, Local Search Marketing, Paid Advertising and Social Media Marketing.
This year I attended SMX Advanced and after the conference was over, I came back to the office with several pages of notes and thoughts. All of this information makes it difficult to list just a few of the conference’s highlights, but here are five quick key takeaways:
- During the You & A with Matt Cutts (head of the webspam team at Google)keynote presentation, Danny Sullivan (Founding Editor, Marketing Land and Search Engine Lane) asked Cutts to describe the future of search in one word, and Cutts answered, “Quality.”
- Use your brand’s Social Media to build brand awareness and nurture relationships, because relationships can’t be automated!
- Social Media changes, such as Facebook story bumping and recent algorithm updates, have proved that quality content > quantity of content. Quality is in the eye of the beholder, but content must be resourceful and interesting to make your visitors want to read and share it.
- SEO is placing an emphasis on Search Experience Optimization. Now more than ever websites must be optimized to provide a good experience for the user.
- Mobile is on the rise and is outpacing desktop. It’s important for your mobile site to provide an excellent UX, user experience, by optimizing it for things like fast page speed and not including flash, pop ups, sideways scrolling or tiny buttons.
|Cutts (left) and Sullivan (right) during the Q & A with Matt Cutts keynote.|
It’s clear that Online Marketing is a continuously growing and changing industry. The E-Power team attends conferences like SMX Advanced to keep up with these frequent changes so we can create successful Online Marketing programs for our clients. Are you looking to improve your brand’s online visibility? Contact us today to learn more about the ways you could benefit from a partnership with E-Power!