From the desk of: Adrian Bredeson
Time Flies When You’re Having Fun!
I’m not sure where the time went, but October is coming to a close! It really hit me as I was scrambling to pack Halloween costumes (Don’t forget the mask! And the hairbow! And the shoes!), party treats, and library books in my kids’ backpacks this morning, but this month sure flew by! I wanted to take a minute to reflect back on the month because it was a good one.
One of the biggest highlights was definitely NEW Top Dog, a local fundraiser that raises money for kids and pets throughout Northeast Wisconsin! The team here at E/Power was so thankful that we got the chance to be a marketing partner again this year, and donate our time and talents to this wonderful cause! We helped to raise $260,000 that we know is going to make a profound impact on our communities. During an already busy month, I was so impressed with the team’s commitment to this project. They busted their butts to get it all done, and to get it all done really well. Crystarra ran point on the social media efforts, with support from both Hannah and Lexie. Andi ran with the advertising components. I got in on the fun with email marketing support, and Justin kept everything running smoothly as the project manager! Everyone on the team helped in one way or another though, collaborating on ideas, proofing things, developing ads or graphics. The sheer amount of dog puns that were thrown around this month had to have been a record. It was paw-some! It was truly a team effort, and I am so incredibly proud of them!
Big Wins This Month
Beyond the puppy photos and fundraising fun, I was part of a few strategy sessions this month, and I love hearing the team share their insights, brainstorm on campaigns, and set actionable goals for their programs! There’s no such thing as just going through the motions, or checking things off a to-do list for this group. We signed some new clients in October, which is always exciting, and generated some big wins for our long-term clients as well. Whether we’re digging in and learning all about a new account or celebrating a milestone or big win with a client we’ve worked with for years, this team gives each client their all. Here are just a few of the successes I was most proud of this month:
- Seasonally, one of our e-commerce clients typically hits a bit of a lull before the holiday shopping season hits, but this month we generated a 63% increase in revenue for them over last year! As we gear up for an especially busy year for online shopping, we’ve worked hard to make sure they’re in the best possible position for holiday sales!
- Another e-commerce client has officially hit the off-season, but that doesn’t mean we’re backing off when it comes to our digital marketing work! We took the month to focus on SEO and content development, setting the stage for continued success and even better performance next spring. Our work is already paying off, with a 126% increase in revenue from organic search and a 43% increase in users coming to the site this month!
- We’ve been working with a local service provider for years, focused on generating traffic, form submissions, and phone calls for them. This month, we generated a 58% increase in site traffic over last October and a 10% increase in phone calls from organic search!
- We officially doubled the traffic another client was getting from their social channels last year at this time!
- The hospitality industry was hit hard over the last 18+ months, but digital marketing can make a real impact on their bottom line. For one of our hotel clients, we helped generate a 7,239% increase in revenue over last October. The advertising team improved ROAs by 2,279% and generated a 3,150% increase in reservations!
Our Team’s Adventures
I could go on and on about big wins we’ve celebrated this month for our clients, but all work and no play just isn’t my style. October is a busy month at my house, both kids celebrated their birthdays, my husband and I had our 10 year wedding anniversary, and we ended the flag football season only to start gymnastics, swimming lessons, and basketball! The rest of the team stayed just as busy! Emily took a weekend trip over to Door County and caught the most gorgeous fall colors. Andi and her family went to the Renaissance Faire and met a mermaid! Star headed south to see family in Illinois. Justin headed in the opposite direction and spent some time up in Marquette. Ellie is still on maternity leave and soaking up all the newborn snuggles. Hannah is on the UW-Oshkosh cross country team and has been running so well this month, and she was named Student-Athlete of the Week this month! Never a dull moment with this team!
October was certainly a great month for us here at E/Power Marketing, and I’m looking forward to what’s next! I’m so proud of this team and our agency, and I can’t wait to see what the rest of 2021 will bring. Would you like to learn more about working with us? Let’s talk!