It’s safe to say that Google is the leading search engine, owning 63.8% of the U.S. search market as reported by comScore. But what about the other 36.2%? The Microsoft Advertising Network (formerly Bing Network), which includes Microsoft and Yahoo! websites, now covers 33.8% of the search market share – and it’s growing faster than Google. According to comScore, Google’s market share recently dropped by 0.2 percentage points while Microsoft sites grew by 0.2 percentage points and Yahoo by 0.1 percentage points.
For many brands, The Microsoft Advertising Network is an untapped market. It may be because they feel safe on Google or maybe they are unaware of Microsoft Advertising’s potential power for their brand’s success. There are 56 million monthly searchers on Microsoft Advertsing that are not reached on Google – 56 million! If your brand isn’t taking advantage of this audience, you are missing out. If you’re already running a program on Microsoft Advertising – that’s awesome!
Your brand can’t just stay on Google anymore. You need to make sure your brand is visible wherever your audience is, and chances are your target audience is a part of the 167 million total searchers on the Microsoft Advertising Network. On average, those searchers are spending 24% more time online than the average Internet user. You can’t afford to miss out on those potential customers.
Microsoft Advertising offers many of the same advertising capabilities as Google, including search and display advertising, remarketing, and shopping campaigns. Once you’ve made the decision to expand or begin your Online Advertising journey on the Microsoft Advertising Network, it really comes down to optimizing your program to fit the needs of your target market. Your audience is there, but they behave differently than your Google audience, and that’s something that needs to be kept in mind as program performance is reviewed.
Our online advertising team has successfully taken dozens of Google Ads programs and optimized them to become thriving programs on Microsoft Advertising as well. Whether it’s on Google Ads, Microsoft Advertising or both, we know where to find your target audience and what tactics and methods to use in order to capture that audience and turn them into customers. If you are interested in hearing about how your online advertising program can be successful on the Microsoft Advertising Network, reach out to our team!