Earlier this week, we had a team meeting and talked through some of the best questions we’ve gotten in the last few weeks. One that stuck out to me was “What can I do to make the most impact for my business right now?” I thought that was such an important question, and one probably shared by so many business owners and marketers these days. With people spending more time at home and online, there’s never been a better time to focus on your online presence. As a team, we work hard to provide our professional family with our very best advice and recommendations, it’s just part of who we are here at E/Power. That’s why we put together this list of opportunities for quick wins with digital marketing!
- Audit or Launch a Digital Ad Campaign – If you’re already running digital ads, asking for an outside perspective on your campaign setup, ad spend strategy, copy, and creatives is a must. Here at E/Power our ads team regularly review each other’s clients to offer a fresh perspective and make sure everything is running as well as possible. If you’re not running any ads, now is a great time to explore the possibility! You can drive traffic to your website or just focus on keeping your brand top of mind with your customers, with great control over your targeting and budget!
- Ask for Reviews – What are people saying about your business? When was the last time a new review came in? Now is a great time to ask your favorite customers for a testimonial or review. People want to help their favorite businesses more than ever, and can do so by writing up why they love you! Just ask for their help and watch the love come in!
- Get Social – Have you been taking full advantage of your social channels these last few weeks? Chances are, you’ve already got social media accounts set up, but we hear SO often that they are the first things to go dark when people get busy. We totally get that, but getting back into a routine with your social channels can generate activity for your brand pretty quickly! Get involved in the conversations happening in your area, whether that be your geographic area or within your industry! Make checking your social channels part of your daily routine, write fresh content, respond to questions, and get in on the action!
- Look for the Wins – You have Analytics on your website (right?!), so take a peek at the reports and find where you’ve been getting the most traffic or leads lately. When you’re looking for quick wins, shift your attention to what’s already working well, and take advantage! If you’ve been sending out emails and seeing great opens or clicks, send more! If specific pages of your website are generating better leads, share those links with your customers!
- Write a Blog – A lot of marketers and business owners have been more than a little overwhelmed in the last few weeks, and understandably so! Your customers are feeling that stress as well. Now is a great time to use your blog to show them how you can help. Think about the biggest obstacles your favorite customers are up against right now, and then write a blog post about how your products or services can help. We’ve been helping our professional family by writing blogs on travel and event insurance, homeschooling resources, working from home tips, online shopping deals, how to connect digitally, the safety precautions & health policies of in-home service providers… And the list goes on. If you’d like help coming up with a great blog topic idea for your business & customers, let us know! We’d love to help you brainstorm! Once you’ve written the new blog, don’t forget to share that link far and wide! Post to your social channels, email it out to your customers, ask your employees to share it, etc.!
- Google My Business – Have you claimed, optimized, and posted to your Google My Business listing lately? Make sure all of your contact details and hours of operation are up to date, then start posting! A Google My Business post is live for 7 days, so with just one post a week, you can start upping your game on Google!
- Google Shopping – With free product listings available, you can increase your presence on the search engines when people are ready to buy! Check out our recent blog post for more details: Free Listings with Google Shopping
- Run a Free Website Audit – After 20+ years of doing SEO, we’ve used plenty of tools to help us generate great results for our clients! When we’re first diving into a project, some of the tools we use are free and pretty easy to understand! One of our favorites is seositecheckup.com. Check it out and see how your website stacks up! There’s no magic wand when it comes to SEO success, and it can take time to start generating organic search visibility and traffic, but we’ve been able to help with some quick fixes on this front. Just last month we were talking to a local business about their lack of search visibility and we saw a noindex meta tag in the page’s HTML code. It took us 5 minutes to remove that from the site and we’re already seeing more pages indexed in Google! We checked in with the business and they let us know that a few people who had found their website had already called!
Looking for more ideas to generate a quick win for your business? We’d love to help! We’re invested in your success, and can’t wait to talk more!